Conjugal Partner Visa

Find Out If You Need a Visitor Visa to Travel to Canada

Start your Free Assessment

Canadian citizens or permanent residents, under conjugal partner visa, can apply to sponsor their connubial or wedded partner living outside Canada, with whom they have been in an ongoing relationship for at least a period of one year but have not been able to cohabitate due to legal barriers or war-like situations or any other reason. The sponsored partner is given the right to live with their partner and permanent residence, once visa is granted to them by the Canadian immigration authorities.

Who is Eligible for Conjugal Partner Visa?

In order to be eligible for Conjugal Partner Visa, the applicants must:

  • Have been in an ongoing and genuine relationship for at least one year with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • Prove that living together at a common address was not possible due to reasons outside their control
  • Undergo medical check
  • Go through character and background checks
  • Not be charged with a serious offence

It is important to note that both the same sex and opposite sex conjugal partners are eligible for this visa, under family class sponsorship.

In addition, the Canadian sponsor must:

  • Demonstrate that they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • Show that their income is above the fixed minimum level. The sponsors under family class sponsorship are exempted from financial requirements but they must be able to provide for the basic needs of their sponsored partner for at least three years.

Conjugal Partner Entitlements

The conjugal partner who is granted permanent residence can live, work and study in Canada for an indefinite period and is entitled to all government-funded subsidized education programs, language and training programs, pension, old age security and retirement plans.

Why Hire Us to Assist Your Conjugal Partner Visa Case?

SPS Canada is a group of regulated immigration consultants and paralegals who are qualified, experienced and licensed to assist you with your conjugal partner visa applications. We offer you consultancy services and also help you in preparing your application, documentation and submitting your application.

In order to get started, you just need to fill our free online immigration assessment form. We shall get back to you within one business day. Alternately, you can also get in touch with us as This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..