Extend Your Stay

Leverage our expertise to extend your stay in Canada.

Start your Free Assessment

You can extend your stay in Canada by :

  • Extending your student, visitor or work Status
  • Applying to change your permit type
  • Applying to change your permit condition

When to Apply for an Extension on Your Stay in Canada?

However, you should apply 30 days before your current status expires. You may apply for an extension on your stay from within Canada, your home country as well as from another country where you are lawfully admitted.

Implied Status

If you have already applied for an extension on your permit and your current status expires while you are awaiting a decision, you still can reside in Canada. You still have temporary visitor status, which is called "implied status".

How to Extend Your Permit and Apply to Become a Permanent Resident?

You must leave the country and apply from outside, if you want to become permanent resident of Canada. You may be granted a permanent resident status if you meet all immigration requirements. However, you can apply for permanent residence from within Canada, if you:

  • Hold a valid temporary resident status
  • Are a spouse or conjugal or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • Are a live-in caregiver
  • Are a refugee
  • Are a protected person
  • Are applying under Canadian Experience Class Visa program

Why Should You Seek Professional Help to Extend Your Stay in Canada?

Getting an extension on your current status is the most difficult task to do. In order to fast-track your extension application and get things done smoothly, you will need to seek professional assistance. The immigration experts know how to create a strong application and fast-track the process.

Why Hire SPS Canada Immigration Inc. to Help You with Your PR Card Renewal Application?

The regulated immigration consultants at SPS Canada Immigration Inc are experts in filing all types of visa and extension applications, eliminating all possible risk of refusal. Although it's completely in the hands of immigration officers but we can help you increase your chances of success.

Getting started with us is extremely easy. All you need to do is fill up our free online immigration assessment form. We will get back to you within one business day to discuss your eligibility.