5 New Occupations added to work in Canada Via GTS
Canada adds five new professions to work expanding their territories for labour shortage through Global Talent Stream. Would you like to know more about it?
Are you Planning to Work in Canada? Get in touch
The Global Talent Stream comes under the category of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program which allows workers to work in Canada and secure a work permit. This stream primarily targets the Highly Skilled labor shortage in the country and therefore it is more of employee-specific stream.
Recently, Canada has identified five new engineering occupations that are experiencing labour shortages in the country and last week, they expanded the list of occupations in the Global Talent Stream which are as follows:
The Occupations newly added to work in Canada are:
1. Civil Engineers
2. Electrical and electronics engineer
3. Minning Engineers
4. Aerospace engineers
5. Computer engineers (Except software and designers)
What is Canada Global Talent Stream?
The Global talent stream was first introduced in 2017, managed by IRCC and ESDC,
This program allows certain skilled workers to obtain the work permit within two weeks of application. It is one of the pillars of Canada’s Global Skills as it solves the main purpose of bringing International Talent into the country.
Employers in Canada want to attract talent to work in their companies and they want fast and strategic process to do, to help the employer IRCC -Immigration and Refugee and Citizenship Canada along with Employment and Social development, ESDC introduced Global Skilled Strategy (GSS)- a program which has helped tens of thousands skilled talents to migrate to Canada.
What is the Main purpose for GTS?
Canadian employers can hire foreign workers with specialized knowledge and experience for positions which they can’t fulfil locally which they can suffice by recruiting talents from all over the world under Global Talent Stream.
What are the Key Elements for Global Stream Program?
- Two-week standard for processing Canada work permit application
- Benefit for companies looking to make a significant job creating Investment in Canada
- Dropping of the work permit requirements for short-term highly skilled labour
- Companies seeking workers through the Global Talent Stream will be able to use the new streamlined application procedure, which will include:
Client-focused service to help guide eligible employers through the application process
b. Development of the Labour Market Benefits Plan with a service standard of 10 business days.
- Eligibility for workers to have their work permit applications processed in 10 business days.
Two New Categories of workers who are exempt from obtaining a work permit for Canada
- Highly Skilled workers -Their jobs should be classified under TEER 0 and TEER1 Category. Of the National Occupation Classification.
- Researchers working in a research project for a publicly funded degree granting institution or affiliated research institute for 120 days in a 12-month period without required work permit.
Benefits of Global Talent Stream
- You do not need an IELTS test result.
- The Visa processing time is very quick.
- You can apply for this from anywhere in the world.
- Your work permit can be for 3 years.
How does GTS Work
All the TFWP Immigration streams use LMIA which is the Labour Market Impact Assessment to check if a Canadian Employer can hire a foreign worker. An LMIA is a document that assess whether the available position can be filled by a Canadian talent. A positive LMIA indicates that there is no Canadian talent available to fill the position and thus you are allowed to hire talents from other Countries.
Now the only issue with LMIA is that it’s a time-consuming process and takes months to process. In the modern times, it is very hard to stand amidst the competing global markets with a long hiring system like this and therefore Global Talent Stream was introduced which helps Canadian employers to bring talent much faster.
The Global Talent Stream is part of a broader Global Skills Strategy to directly help Canadian businesses including start-ups. It also gives you easy access to Canada work permit.`
Get in touch with our Consultants to know more about the Global Talent Stream (GTS).
Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions
Call Us now at +91 9586 226232View All Testimonials
We're Trusted Globally
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar