Provincial Nominee Program
Provincial Nominee Program
Canadian provinces and territories, under the program called Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) are permitted to nominate individuals who are willing to immigrate to Canada and express their interest to settle in that province. The provinces and territories to suit its needs, have designed unique set of immigration streams under the Provincial Nominee Program. They can nominate eligible candidates under their ‘Base’ Provincial Nomination. Also, all the provinces have at least, one of its immigration streams under PNP collaborate with the federal Express Entry selection program. These streams are called ‘Enhanced’ nomination streams (Also called ‘Express Entry based nominee stream’) and nominated candidates are awarded 600 additional points in their Comprehensive Ranking System score. To locate the best route from more than 45 PNP streams could be challenging for you. Here, we have tried to bring the information all provincial nominee streams at one place!
June 20, 2023: Ontario Invites 426 Immigration Candidates with Score range more than and equal to 36.
June 20, 2023: British Columbia Invites 107 in the Skilled workers, International Graduate Category.
Under the Alberta’s Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP), the province nominates prospective
immigrants from the following streams:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream: The candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria
- and are employed in Alberta in an eligible occupation can apply for AINP nomination.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream: Under this program, the Government of Alberta
- nominates eligible candidates from the Federal or Canada’s Express Entry pool. The
- selected candidates are awarded additional 600 points to the CRS score.
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream: All the individuals with farming experience and
- enough personal funds to buy and develop the farm land in Alberta can apply for
- permanent residence. This is the best option for candidates who are farm owners or
- operators willing to settle their farming business in Alberta.
Under the British Columbia’s Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP), the province nominates prospective immigrants from the following two major streams:
Skills immigration (including Express Entry British Columbia): This category is further dissected into the following categories
- Skilled Worker: Individuals with years of experience in their skilled occupation and have an eligible job offer in their skilled occupation will be considered under this category.
- Health Care Professional: Individuals with experience and eligible job offers, as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals may apply under this category.
- International Graduate: Individuals who are graduates from an eligible Canadian university or college in the last three years and have obtained a job offer from a BC employer to be considered for this category.
- International Post-graduate: Individuals who are master’s or Doctoral degrees from an eligible educational institution in British Columbia in the natural, applied or health sciences programs of study. Job offer is not a pre-requirement for this sub-category.
- Entry level and Semi-skilled worker: Individuals in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in certain occupations, and are working in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia, may pass the eligibility for this category
The Government of British Columbia nominates candidates from the federal Express Entry pool. The selected candidates are awarded additional 600 points to the CRS score that fast-track the processing of their BC PNP application and if nominated, their permanent residence application.
The candidates under Skilled worker, Health Care professional, International Graduate and International Post-graduate categories may be processed through Express Entry British Columbia.
Under the Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), the province nominates prospective immigrants from the following streams:
Skilled Worker Immigration Stream-including those in Manitoba and Overseas –
- The Skilled Worker in Manitoba stream further consists of two pathways as given below:
- Manitoba Work Experience Pathway
- Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway
- The Skilled Worker Overseas stream further consists of two pathways:
- Manitoba Express Entry Pathway
- Human Capital Pathway
Manitoba Business Investor Stream
- There are two main pathways under this stream:
-Manitoba Farm Investor Pathway
-Manitoba Entrepreneur Pathway
Morden Community Driven Immigration Initiative
- This initiative specifically focuses on the Morden Community under the Morden community Driven initiative and is actively looking for new immigrants in certain occupations. The individuals are selected through the MPNP.
International Education Stream
- The International Education Stream (IEC) provides opportunity for Manitoba graduates who meet the needs of industry to opt for the fast-track pathways to obtain permanent residence. There are three pathways under this stream:
- Career Employment Pathway
- Graduate Internship Pathway
- Student Entrepreneur Pathway
Under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP), the province nominates prospective immigrants from the following streams:
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream: The stream conducts its selection from the express entry pool and follow the ‘Expression of Interest’ model.
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support: Individuals with full-time, permanent job offer from a New Brunswick employer may consider applying under this category.
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream: Individuals who are graduates from a recognized academic institution in New Brunswick and have started or acquired a business in the province.
- Entrepreneurial Stream: Individuals who plan to own, make a monetary investment and actively manage a business a New Brunswick may apply under this category.
- Skilled Workers with Family Support: Individuals who have previous work experience in New Brunswick and have close family relations in the province.
- Succession Connect pilot program
Under the Newfoundland and Labrador’s Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP), the province nominates prospective immigrants from the following streams:
- Newfoundland & Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker: Individuals in the Express Entry immigration could be nominated by the province under this category
- Skilled Worker category: Individuals with guaranteed job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer or are currently working in the province on a valid work permit, be will considered under this category.
- International Graduate category: Individuals who are recent graduates of an eligible Canadian post-secondary institution and have obtained Post-Graduate work permit, may apply under this category.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot program: The Atlantic Canada is in partnership with the Canadian government to hire foreign workers to meet the needs of their job market. Foreign nationals who are residing abroad or on temporary status in Canada at the time of applying may get eligible for it.
Under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), the province of Ontario accepts prospective newcomers under the following immigration categories:
- Ontario Express Entry: There are three different streams under this the Ontario Express Entry stream:
- Human Capital Priorities Stream: Individuals who are eligible under the federal Express Entry pool, meet the requirements such as skilled work experience, language skills, to understand and merge into the province’s labour market.
- French-Speaking Skilled worker Stream: This stream is open for French-Speaking workers who possess strong English language skills and intend to live and work permanently in Ontario. The Ontario’s PNP select candidates from the federal Express Entry pool.
- Skilled Trades Stream: Individuals who are tradespersons with ongoing or recent experience of working in Ontario
- General Category or Employer Job offer category
- Foreign Workers with a Job offer Stream: Individuals who may be living in abroad or in Canada, who have a job offer from Ontario employers for approved skilled positions, may apply under this category.
- Employer Job Offer In-demand Skills Stream: Individuals who are working in certain agriculture and construction occupations.
- International Student category
- Job offer Stream: International with job offers in the province may consider applying under this stream. The stream focuses on facilitating employers to recruit international students.
- Masters Graduate Stream: Individuals who are master’s graduate from one of Ontario’s publicly funded Universities may apply under his stream even without any job offer.
- PhD Graduate Stream: Individuals who are PhD graduates at one of the Ontario’s publicly funded Universities may apply under his stream even without any job offer.
- Business Category
- Entrepreneur Stream: Individuals who are interested to implement a new business proposal or plan to purchase an established business in Ontario, may get a temporary work permit support letter in the beginning. Based on their performance, the entrepreneurs will be offered to permanent residency in Canada.
- Corporate Stream: International corporations which are intending to expand into Ontario or acquire established businesses in Ontario. The key staff can become permanent residents of Canada upon establishing the business while carrying a provincial nomination certificate.
Under the Prince Edward Island’s Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP), prospective newcomers are accepted under the following immigration categories:
- PEI PNP Express Entry- Individuals who are eligible for federal Express Entry pool with an intention to settle in Prince Edward Island, may get accepted if their profiles match with the PEI labour market needs.
- Labour Impact Category: The sub-categories in this category are as follows:
- Skilled Worker Stream: Individuals who are currently working in a skilled profession in the province of PEI or have a job offer from an employer in the province or possess relevant experience with at least post-secondary degree or diploma.
- International Graduate Stream: Individuals who are graduates of recognized accredited Prince Edward Island universities and colleges and who are employed by a PEI employer in their field of study.
- Business Impact Category: Individuals who are interested to invest and establish a business in the province may apply for a work permit and may receive a provincial nomination later.
Under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), prospective newcomers are accepted under the following immigration categories:
- International Skilled Worker Category: There are three sub-categories under this category:
- Employment Offer Category: Individuals who are skilled workers with a skilled job offer from an employer in the province.
- Occupation In-Demand: Individuals who are highly skilled workers with work experience in an in-demand occupation in the province, may apply under this category even without a job offer.
- Saskatchewan Express Entry: Individuals who have applied under the Express Entry pool and have skilled work experience in an in-demand occupation in the province.
- Saskatchewan Experience Category: Individuals who are currently living in Saskatchewan may get accepted under the following categories:
- Existing Work Permit
- Health Professionals
- Hospitality Sector Project
- Long Haul Truck Driver Project
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category: Individuals who are interested in the ownership and management of a farming operation in Saskatchewan, may apply under the ‘Entrepreneur’ and ‘Farm Owners and Operators’ categories.
Under the Northwest Territories Provincial Nominee Program (NTNP), prospective newcomers are accepted under the following immigration categories:
- Northwest Territories Express Entry: Individuals who are eligible and have applied in Express Entry pool may get nominated under this provincial nomination program.Employer Driven Program-Individuals who have received a job offer from an employer in the province.
- Critical Impact worker Stream: Those who have received job offers in semi-skilled or unskilled position and have worked in the Northwest Territories for at least six months, may apply under this sub-category.
- Skilled Worker Stream: The applicants who have received job offers in skilled position from a Northwest Territories employer may apply under this sub-category.
- Business Driven Program-There are other two sub-categories under this program:
- Entrepreneur Stream: Individuals who are interested to establish a business in the Northwest Territories may apply under this sub-category.
- Self Employed Stream: Individuals who are self-employed professional and plan to establish business outlets or professional practices to serve the needs in demand in the Northwest Territories.
Under the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP), prospective newcomers are accepted under the following immigration categories:
- Yukon Express Entry (YEE): Individuals who are eligible in the Express Entry pool and have a valid job offer for permanent, full-time work from Yukon employers, may receive nomination under YNP.
- Skilled Worker: Individuals are working in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Level 0, A or B occupation, may get sponsored by Yukon employers for Canadian permanent residence.
- 3. Critical Impact Worker: Individuals who have experience in semi-skilled or unskilled occupation in high demand in the territory and have received a job offer from an Yukon employer, may be sponsored by the employers for permanent residence.
- 4. Business Nominee: Individuals with demonstrated business experience and intend to start a new business or enter into a partnership or purchase and run an established business in Yukon.
Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions
Call Us now at +91 9586 226232View All Testimonials
Jay B Parmar