Temporary Work Visa
Any foreign national who wants to work in Canada need to obtain a work permit, except in some cases. In order to check if you need work permit to work in Canada
- A foreign national, in order to obtain a temporary work permit must meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- Intention to leave: You need to satisfy the officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires
- Sufficient funds: you need to demonstrate that you have enough money to support yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to arrange to return home
- Background: you need to have a clear criminal record to in order to become eligible and your presence will not be a security risk in Canada
- Medical Exam: you need to be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed
- You must not plan to work with an employer whose status is listed as “ineligible”, who failed to comply with the conditions.
- You must not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
- Document: you need to provide the officer with other documents to prove you can enter Canada
There are 4 types of work permits: Open work permits, Employer-specific work permits, International Experience Canada program and Global.
- Open work permit
A foreign national may be eligible for an Open Work Permit in the following situation:
Post Graduate Work Permit: If you are currently in Canada and have a valid study or work permit, or your spouse or parents have a study or work permit,
Destitute Student: if you are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
Permanent residency in-process: if you have applied for permanent residence in Canada
Dependent under Family class: If you are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- If you are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
- If you are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Refugee: If you are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
Removal order: If you are under an unenforceable removal order
TRV: If you are a temporary resident permit holder
Special programs: If you are a young worker participating in special program
Note: In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.
- Employer-specific Work Permit
A foreign national may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit; it allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:
1.The name of the employer you can work for
2.How long you can work
3.The location where you can work (if applicable)
Employers also need to meet basic requirements to hire you. They need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), a document given by the Government of Canada that gives Canadian employers permission to hire foreign workers, to hire a foreign worker.
Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions
Call Us now at +91 9586 226232View All Testimonials
Jay B Parmar