Amendments to Ontario Immigration Act, affecting Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
As per the information posted on July 2, 2020, OINP updates that the regulations under the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015 have been amended.
Currently, In-Demand Skills Stream is closed and will re-open on July 6, 2020, and the new applications under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream, will be processed based on the selection criteria on Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General), as per the amendments, posted on Ontario’s e-Laws website on July 1, 2020.
The amendments have been made to the selection criteria for the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream, to further enhance the program priorities and regional employer needs.
- Expand the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream eligible occupations with the addition of 13 new manufacturing related occupations on National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes for the employment positions outside the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) only.
- This Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream supports the employers facing labour shortages in specific in-demand occupations, for example, agriculture, construction and other low-to-semi-skilled NOC C or D occupations
New additional 13 NOCs:
- 9411 – Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9416 – Metalworking and forging machine operators
- 9417 – Machining tool operators
- 9418 – Other metal products machine operators
- 9421 – Chemical plant machine operators
- 9422 – Plastics processing machine operators
- 9437 – Woodworking machine operators
- 9446 – Industrial sewing machine operators
- 9461 – Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- 9523 – Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- 9526 – Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- 9536 – Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- 9537 – Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- remove the settlement funds requirement for In-Demand Skills Stream applicants
To ensure that you meet the all criteria before submitting the application, review the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream webpage. Also, it is suggested that you review the amended regulations on Ontario’s e-Laws website.
New Employer Webpage
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has a new webpage for the Ontario employers, that provides an overview of the OINP Employer Job Offer streams, with the eligibility criteria and conditions of approvals. The OINP gives employers the opportunity for employment positions, which cannot be filled locally.
Removal of application guides
Application guides has been removed to ensure the consistency and accuracy of program information. The Employer’s guide and the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream guide have been removed from the website, and the content has been added to each stream webpage, which centrally located and accessible.
Any questions about OINP? Feel free to reach us, we are simply few clicks away!
Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions
Call Us now at +91 9586 226232View All Testimonials
We're Trusted Globally
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar