Get ready to Submit the Interest to Sponsor Form – Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship
January 11, 2019 – IRCC has announced today that The Parents and Grandparents (PGP) Program interest to sponsor form will be available to potential sponsors starting at noon EST on January 28, 2019.
The launch of the 2019 PGP Program includes a new and improved intake process. Potential sponsors should submit an interest to sponsor form as soon as possible once it’s available online. The onus is on potential sponsors to ensure they are eligible before submitting an interest to sponsor form.
Here’s how the new process will work:
Step 1: Potential sponsors indicate their interest:
Under the new process, as in previous years, the interest to sponsor form will be available online and eligible potential sponsors can let IRCC know they wish to sponsor their parents and grandparents. The enhanced version of the interest to sponsor form will require potential sponsors to upload a copy of a status in Canada document.
Step 2: Invitations to sponsor are sent.
Once the interest to sponsor period has ended and the form has been removed from the website, IRCC will review the submissions and remove duplicates and then invite interested potential sponsors to submit a complete application to sponsor their parents and grandparents, in the order it was received.
Step 3: Applications are submitted.
Those who are invited to apply will be given 60 calendar days for IRCC to receive their complete application. Those who submit an interest to sponsor form and receive a confirmation number, but do not receive an invitation to apply in 2019, will have their form retained by IRCC for consideration in 2020.
- The interest to sponsor form will be available at noon EST on January 28, 2019.
- IRCC will accept form submissions on a first-in basis. As soon as enough submissions are received, the form will no longer be available.
- To submit the Interest, you will need an electronic copy of your proof of status in Canada (new requirement for 2019)
- IRCC will invite a total of 20,000 applications.
- Once invited, potential sponsors will have 60 calendar days from the date of their invitation to ensure IRCC receives their complete application for sponsorship.
- In 2018, after removing duplicates, IRCC received 93,836 interest to sponsor forms.
Prepare ahead, don’t miss your opportunity to reunite with your parents! Contact SPS Canada at (844) 297-3514 Ext 100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions
Call Us now at +91 9586 226232View All Testimonials
We're Trusted Globally
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar