Best Destinations for immigrants in Canada
Every year, Canada welcomes millions of visitors and immigrants from all over the world who dream to start their new lives with a brighter future. The government of Canada has offered a variety of immigration programs to encourage and support newcomers. Among hundreds of cities in Canada, Calgary, Vancouver, and Toronto are believed the most ideal destinations for foreigners.
CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA
Among hundreds of cities in Canada, Calgary is believed to be the most preferred place to live. Calgary’s overall livability score was 97.5, aided by perfect scores in four of the five categories: Stability (100), Healthcare (100), Education (100), Infrastructure (100) and Culture & environment (90).
Calgary is the largest city in Alberta with 1.2 million population. It is the best place for immigrants to start their new life especially the ones whose occupation is related to the oil and gas industry. Since 2011, the immigration rate has been significantly increased and by 2016, 46% of immigrants moved to Calgary.
The Government of Alberta offers several options for foreigners interested in immigrating to Alberta through three streams of Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) which are
- Alberta Opportunity Stream — This stream is for eligible candidates in specific in-demand occupations.
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream — This option is for international farmers who want to own and operate a farm in Alberta.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream — The Express Entry system is the Canadian Government’s main source of skilled foreign talent. Alberta’s Express Entry Stream allows the province to search the Express Entry pool for candidates who match its economic development priorities.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
Vancouver is Canada’s third most populous city, with over 2.4 million people. Vancouver’s overall livability score was 97.3, added by Stability (95), Healthcare (100), Education (100), Infrastructure (92.9) and Culture & environment (100).
It is the third-largest film production location in North America. More than 142,000 immigrants came to Vancouver between 2011 and 2016, accounting for 81 percent of all immigrants to B.C.
There are two main immigration streams under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP):
- Entrepreneur Immigration — This stream is for international entrepreneurs who want to invest and settle in B.C.
- Skills Immigration (including Express Entry British Columbia) — The BC PNP holds weekly draws for eligible candidates in several Skills Immigration and Express Entry British Columbia subcategories.
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
Toronto Is Canada’s largest city and has a technology sector that is directly competing with Silicon Valley and Seattle. Toronto’s overall livability score was 97.2, added by Stability (100), Healthcare (100), Education (100), Infrastructure (89.3) and Culture & environment (97.2). It’s estimated that 80,100 tech jobs have been created in Toronto since 2013.
Around 76 percent of immigrants who moved to Ontario between 2011 and 2016 chose Toronto as their new home. Of the 6.4 million people who call the Greater Toronto Area home, 46 percent are immigrants.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) accepts applications under three immigration categories:
- Human Capital Category — This category has five immigration streams, including three that are linked to Canada’s Express Entry system. One of these, the Human Capital Priorities Stream, now holds occasional draws targeting Express Entry candidates with work experience in specific tech occupations.
- Employer Job Offer Category — Foreign workers and international students with an eligible job offer from an Ontario employer may be eligible under one of this category’s three streams.
- Business Category — Foreign entrepreneurs who want to establish or buy a business in Ontario can express their interest to the OINP under this category.
Book a consultant and find your Canada immigration options and answers to all doubts and concerns by scheduling a one-to-one initial consultation meeting with our Senior Practitioner at SPS Canada Immigration.
Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions
Call Us now at +91 9586 226232View All Testimonials
We're Trusted Globally
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar