fbpx

Our Blogs

Nova Scotia Implements Federal Cap on New International Student Applications.

icon missing

April 1, 2024

icon missing

Ishita Soni

Nova Scotia Implements Federal Cap on New International Student Applications.

Nova Scotia follows federal limit on new international student applications.

Nova Scotia, a province in Canada, announced how many international students it can accept in its universities and colleges for the year 2024. The government has been granted 12,900 permits for international students by the federal government. This is lower than last year, where Nova Scotia allowed around 7,000 more international students. In 2023, there were about 16,000 international students studying full-time in Nova Scotia.

Nova Scotia is distributing study permits among 32 schools that can accept international students. The permits are divided as follows:

  • 11,565 for universities and Nova Scotia Community College
  •  710 for private career colleges
  • 526 for language schools
  •  Plus 99 extra for unexpected situations.

The Minister of Advanced Education wants more permits from the federal government. Canada is reducing the number of study permits issued in 2024. Each province decides how to allocate permits based on Provincial Attestation Letters.

Island of Prince Edward

Prince Edward Island (PEI) announced it has 2,000 study permits for international students. They will be given to three schools:

  • College de l’Ile (105 permits)
  • Holland College (710 permits)
  •  University of Prince Edward Island (1,185 permits)

In PEI, the Department of Workforce, Advanced Learning and Population will give PALs to these schools. Then, the schools will give them to international students applying for federal student permits.

How To Spend The Weekend In Downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia

Allocations in other provinces

Sure! Ontario plans to give out 96% of its study permits to public universities and colleges. The other 4% will be split among language schools, private universities, and other institutions in the province. However, they haven’t said how many permits the federal government has given them.

British Columbia is dividing its 83,000 study permits almost equally between public and private Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs), with 53% going to public DLIs and 47% to private DLIs.

Get in touch with SPS Canada

Receive professional advice on any of your questions regarding Canadian immigration. get in touch with us, experienced immigration consultants from SPS Canada. For additional information, contact support@spscanada.com (Canada) or support.amd@spscanada.com (Ahmedabad), or by phone at (1) 905-362-9393 (Canada) or +919586226232 (Ahmedabad).


Comments

Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions

Call Us now at +91 9586 226232

View All Testimonials

Our Clients

We're Trusted Globally

We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.

Ankit Vadaliy

Abhinav Arnold

Kevin Balar

Kushagra Soni

Navin Davis

Pooja Patni

Nidhika Verma

Anastasiia

Pragya Munjal

Gagandeep

Fairy Christian

Jay B Parmar

Harsh Pujara

Jenies Christian

Sara Costa

Shahoon Akhtar

Adarsh Reddy

View All Testimonials