Our Blogs

Provincial Attestation Letters Now Issued by New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland and Labrador.

icon missing

March 30, 2024

icon missing

Ishita Soni

Brunswick, Saskatchewan and new foundland and labrador now issuing PAL.

New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland and Labrador Start Giving Out PALs.

Starting from January 22, 2024, Canada’s Immigration Department needs provinces to give PALs (Provincial Attestation Letters) based on the number of study permits allowed for 2024. New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, and Newfoundland and Labrador have recently started issuing PALs, joining other provinces like British Columbia, Quebec, Alberta, and Manitoba. All other provinces and territories must start issuing these letters by March 31.

Getting a PAL in Newfoundland and Labrador

Newfoundland and Labrador started their PAL system on March 19, 2024. International students should talk to their designated learning institution (DLI) to get their PAL. Memorial University in St. John’s, which has the most international students in the province, will email admitted students to gather extra info needed for the letter, starting with those beginning in the May 2024 semester. More details are not yet provided.

Getting a PAL in Saskatchewan

According to the IRCC website, Saskatchewan has had its PAL process since March 13. International students should reach out to their designated learning institution (DLI) to obtain their PAL. However, there are no extra instructions available from the province’s major universities or colleges regarding the PAL process.

BC and Alberta Now Issuing Provincial Attestation Letters

Getting a PAL in New Brunswick

According to IRCC, New Brunswick started giving out PALs on March 18. International students should ask their school how to apply. Each school might have its own way to do it. For example, if you’re going to the University of New Brunswick (UNB), after you get accepted, you need to pay a deposit for your tuition. This shows you’re serious about coming. Then UNB will ask for a PAL for you from the province. They’ll email you when it’s ready, which takes about two weeks. After that, you can download your PAL and use it when you apply for your study permit.

Get in touch with SPS Canada

Receive professional advice on any of your questions regarding Canadian immigration. get in touch with us, experienced immigration consultants from SPS Canada. For additional information, contact support@spscanada.com (Canada) or support.amd@spscanada.com (Ahmedabad), or by phone at (1) 905-362-9393 (Canada) or +919586226232 (Ahmedabad).



Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions

Call Us now at +91 9586 226232

View All Testimonials

Our Clients

We're Trusted Globally

We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.

Ankit Vadaliy

Abhinav Arnold

Kevin Balar

Kushagra Soni

Navin Davis

Pooja Patni

Nidhika Verma


Pragya Munjal


Fairy Christian

Jay B Parmar

Harsh Pujara

Jenies Christian

Sara Costa

Shahoon Akhtar


Adarsh Reddy

View All Testimonials