Work Permit Stream – Prince Edward Island Nominee Program
The Work Permit Stream of Prince Edward Island is for the individuals who are inclined to come to PEI on a work permit.
The program requires an individual to create an EOI Profile. Before submitting the profile, an Individual must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Be within 21 – 59 years of age at the time of application,
- Possess at least a high school education,
- Have a minimum personal net worth of $600,000. This net worth must have been acquired legally and legitimately,
- Score a minimum of 4.0 on the IELTS within the last 2 years,
- Possess transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience,
- Intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of their PEI based Company.
Creating the Profile:
If a candidate meets all of the eligibility requirements outlined by PEI PNP, they will be able to create a profile in the Expression of Interest (EOI) system. An applicant’s profile will be awarded up to 200 assessment points based on their age, language, education, business ownership or management experience, community endorsement, and adaptability.
Invitation to Apply:
If an individual is selected in one of the draws, the candidate has 90 days to prepare and submit a complete application, including a business plan. The application fee for PEI Business Impact Category streams is $10,000 CAD.
Applicants who meet the requirements for Business Ownership program will be invited to PEI for an interview.
Submission of Business and Settlement Plans:
Following a successful interview, the applicant will be asked to submit a business plan to the PEI Immigration Office. The applicant will also be requested to provide a settlement plan describing how the applicant plans to settle in PEI.
Issuance of Letter of Support for a Work Permit:
Once the applicant signs the performance agreement, the government of PEI will issue a letter of support to the Canadian government allowing the applicant to apply for a work permit. This letter will only be issued if the performance agreement is signed and the business plan and settlement plan are approved. If the applicant meets all relevant criteria, a work permit will be issued on behalf of the applicant. Once the applicant receives the work permit, he/she will be required to take an active role in the operation and management.
Compliance with the Performance Agreement:
The applicant must comply with all the terms and conditions of the performance agreement.
Nomination for Permanent Residence:
PEI will issue a provincial nomination to the candidate if the following conditions are met:
- Invest at least $150,000 CAD in the business;
- Maintain a residence and actively manage the business from within PEI;
- Complies with the terms and conditions of the performance agreement;
- Operate the business for at least 12 consecutive months, and;
- Provide financial statements that detail at least $75,000 CAD in eligible operating expenses.
The applicant will receive a letter of nomination approval and a letter of instruction from the PEI government. The applicant must then use these documents to apply for permanent residence with the Canadian federal government.
Approval by the Canadian Government:
If all immigration requirements are met, the applicant and accompanying dependants will be granted Canadian permanent residence. Once the permanent residence visa is activated, the applicant will be able to start living in PEI.
The PEI government will give priority to applications that are in the following sectors.
- Export-oriented business
- Businesses that bring economic diversity to rural communities in PEI.
- Information technology
- Aerospace and Renewable energy.
If you have any queires in respect to the PEI PNP’s Work Permit Stream, Consult with our Senior Practitioner as we would be able to assess your profile and advise you in the right track. You can call (1) 905-362-9393 (Canada), +91 9586 226232 (Ahmedabad) or drop an E-mail at email@example.com (Canada), firstname.lastname@example.org (Ahmedabad) for further information.
Get Legal Answers to Your Visa Questions
Call Us now at +91 9586 226232View All Testimonials
We're Trusted Globally
We are a regulated immigration practicing firm, providing advice and
solutions on matters related to Canadian immigration.
Jay B Parmar